MEET HALEY DANIELLE
My name is Haley Danielle and I create things. Often, I use words and photos. Other times, I use other things (being specific in art isn't my jam). I'm a 25-year-old writer, teacher, creator, and life cheerleader.
Here, you'll find an outpouring of my heart for genuine creativity, faith, education, and books that make you wish your eyeballs could move faster.
When I was nine, I wrote my first story, printed it on cardstock at my house, bound it with (multiple) staples, and adorned it with clip art. In the ninth grade, I wrote my first novel (a terrible thing) and still keep it in my desk drawer when I need to remember everyone starts somewhere. In college, I wrote stories and papers I was proud of, and published both creatively and academically. Later, I wrote for my church, created Bible study curriculum, and found (surprising amounts of) joy in writing unit plans.
Here, you'll find my heart on a screen. I hope it gives you rest, encouragement, or a laugh. Maybe, if I play my cards right, you'll get all three.
let's be friends
I believe so passionately that life should be lived together, and I want you to know the person sitting (in leggings with a grapefruit LaCroix) behind the computer screen. Because, friend, I want to know you, too.
- I have two younger sisters who are the greatest two humans alive; we're currently working on a new project together I can't wait to share with you.
- My first love has always been and will always be Jesus Christ. It is because of Him that I live (and I love that God is also a creative).
- I am passionate about women and children, specifically, the eradication of the sex trade and human trafficking and the orphan crisis. It is my dream to use my art to help tell those stories. (Organizations I love and support: Show Hope, The Archibald Project, International Justice Mission, OurRescue.)
- I'm an INFP, which I've heard characterized as "moody" and "dreamy," much to the dismay of anyone around me ever at any point. (I saw once that INFPs "daydream moodily in the shower" and have never felt so pegged in my life.) I'm a 4w3 and am fascinated by the Enneagram. Here's what I'm reading now.
- If I had a magic genie, I'd ask for an endless supply of mac and cheese (with no calories, but all the taste) and plane tickets.
- My three favorite things to watch on Netflix are Parks and Rec, Gilmore Girls, and Friends.
- I think Birkenstocks are hugs for your feet. (I wore only clogs all through middle school before it was a cool thing to do.)
- I love plants, but someone told me the other day that they don't kill their favorite things, so I don't keep them in the house.
- I don't feel anything in halves. Jane Austen once wrote those words and freed my soul.
- Speaking of, I am a reader. If I could consume all of the books, I would. I have so many favorites, I don't know which to tell you first. I share what I'm reading on Instagram and Goodreads.
- If we were getting coffee (which we definitely should), I would order a hazelnut latte with no foam because those warm my soul.
Tell me some about you? Shoot me an email!